Green / light green in its primary coloring. Three thick white stripes with a stylized banner set at middle (over the center white stripe).
Award Criteria (as Officially Detailed by the United States Armed Services):
"This medal is awarded to members of the armed forces of the United States who:
1. Served for six months in South Vietnam during the period March 1, 1961 to March 28, 1973.
2. Served outside the geographical limits of South Vietnam and contributed direct combat support to the RVN Armed Forces for an aggregate of six months. Only members of the armed forces of the United States who meet the criteria established for the AFEM (Vietnam) or Vietnam Service Medal during the period of service required are considered to have contributed direct combat support to the RVN Armed Forces.
3. Did not complete the length of service required in item (1) or (2) above, but who, during wartime, were:
- Wounded by the enemy (in a military action).
- Captured by the enemy during action or in the line of duty, but later rescued or released.
- Killed in action or in the line of duty.
4. Were assigned in Vietnam on Jan. 28, 1973, and who served a minimum of 60 calendar days in Vietnam during the period Jan. 29, 1973 to March 28, 1973."
User Tags Detailing this Ribbon:
green   white   vietnam   united states   cold war   usaf   usarmy   usn   usmc   uscg   reserves